Dear Valued Client
Real Pay DebiCheck Update
— BREAKING NEWS —
AC/DebiCheck Directive Published
During our DebiCheck Update newsletter dated 14 November 2018 we made reference to the draft Directive still up for comment and input to be finalised by end November 2018.
We can confirm the amended Directive has been published in the Government Gazette today, 14 December 2018, No 42100. Our previous communication relating to the dates and milestones are aligned with the published directive. For your ease of reference we highlight key aspects again.
Of utmost importance to our valued clients are the amended dates and timelines as explained and illustrated below:
Pertinent date amendments contained in the amended Directive include:
- Current – 31 October 2019:
- AC, NAEDO and AEDO to process simultaneously in the early morning processing window;
- 1 November 2019 – 31 October 2020:
- Proceed to process AEDO and NAEDO instructions in the early window, subject to AC debit orders and AEDO instructions being given priority over NAEDO instructions;
- 1 May 2020 – 31 October 2020:
- No origination of new NAEDO and AEDO instructions; and
- 31 October 2020:
- End date of processing any NAEDO and AEDO instructions (“sunset date”).
Real Pay’s view:
Real Pay went live with DebiCheck on 1 August 2018 with both our sponsoring banks, Absa and FNB, catering for all three mandatory transaction types:
- Transaction Type 1 – Real Time (Real-time and delayed);
- Transaction Type 2 – Batch (Non-face-to-face); and
- Transaction Type 3 – Card (Face-to-face).
Live controlled testing is progressing well with very positive results on both Mandate Initiate and Collection of funds.
Real Pay remains on track and focussed to stay ahead of the pack with our DebiCheck development and testing. We have onboarded the majority of our NAEDO client base with internal and live testing remaining our focus.
We urge our users, albeit very few, who have not yet completed their on-boarding documentation to do so in order to participate in the live testing and pilot environments.
Should you have any further queries regarding the content of this newsflash, please contact your Key Account Manager or send an email to email@example.com.
Real Pay Team