Real Pay Botswana - July 2022
Real Pay Website Update
Information Database Update
Real Pay strives to maintain a superior level of communication with all our beneficiary Users; therefore, we must continuously update our client information database.
Each nominated representative for Real Pay will be prompted to update their information when logging in to the Real Pay interface.
This will take place during various phases, from the end of July until the end of 2022.
How to win the battle against phishing attacks
A shocking 88% of organisations have recently been victims of phishing attacks in South Africa.
Attackers aim to gain unauthorised access by tricking their victims into giving up sensitive information such as credit card details, account numbers, passwords and usernames.
Tips to secure yourself against phishing attacks:
- Scrutinise emailsand ensure that email addresses are authentic (recipient address,
- grammar mistakes, email signature)
- Install anti-virus software on all your devices (yes, a paid one)
- Don’t connect to open Wi-Fi networks such as at a coffee shop
- Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) when communicating sensitive information
- Avoid pop-ups and don’t trust any links
- Ensure the URL starts with https:// when accessing a site such as online banking
- Implement multi-factor authentication for access-sensitive accounts
- Change passwords every two months, and ensure they consist of at least 12 characters
All transactions must be accompanied by a duly signed mandate by the account holder. This is the only means of verification by the bank and/or other related regulatory authorities to confirm consent and authorisation by the account holder.
We highlight that all mandate requests as received from the bank must be provided by 14:00 on the second business day of each month. The bank’s automated system works on a 15:00 cut-off time; therefore, mandates provided after the cut-off time are declined and can lead to a reversal of funds.
Please email email@example.com for any compliance-related questions.
Kind regards,The Real Pay Team